27 Jun 2011

The First Electronic Computer

 Okay, it's not truly the very first computer EVER made. That award would probably go to this awesome piece of (ancient) technology:


 Still, when I got bored and decided to find out a bit about old electronic computers, I turned to YouTube. There, I came across the Colossus, or more specifically, the rebuilt version of the Colossus Mk.2 (Mark 2 - "Mark" meaning "version").
 It's a little complicated but overall is quite interesting, so I thought I'd share with the world the two-part video that I found, showing off the Colossus Mk.2 - the electronic computer that was made in order to crack the German Lorenz cipher in World War II.




 Hopefully someone else finds this as interesting as I did.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Posts older than 14 days require approval for comments.

>